I will be offering classes throughout the year. Please contact me if you are interested in scheduling a class. If you have any special requests, let me know. I am a small business, so classes can be tailored to meet your needs.
Tires, Tubes, and Lubes
During this free one hour class I will cover:
- Wheel removal (front and rear)
- Quick release
- Flat tire repair and causes
- Wheel installation
- Chain lubrication
Please note this class is free of charge. Attend this class and have an opportunity to purchase a starter maintenance kit (tire lever, tube, and chain lube) at a reduced rate.
Tweak and Tune
If you want to learn how to adjust the critical systems on your bike, the Tweak and Tune course is for you. Learn to troubleshoot, make confident roadside repairs, and/or maintain bikes for recreational or performance level riding from this course.
This three hour class covers:
- Drivetrain (derailleur adjustments and indexing; inspection, removal, and installation of chain, cassette, and cables; lubrication)
- Wheels (tire/tube selection, inspection, and replacement; hub adjustment; minor truing techniques)
- Brakes & Headsets (headset adjustment, road and V-brakes; pad inspection, removal, and installation)
- Body Maintenance (proper bicycle fit; use of heart rate monitors and computers; nutrition and hydration; clothing; must-have tools)
Class size is limited to two, please call or email for pricing information. Attend this class and have an opportunity to purchase a basic bike repair tool kit at a reduced rate.
The Hands-On Overhaul Class
If you want to learn how to work on your own bike this is the class for you. You will learn how to strip the bike down to the frame and re-build it. During this 8 hour class I will cover:
- Hub, Bottom Bracket, and Headset Overhaul
- Removal, cleaning, and reassembly of the drivetrain
- Adjustment of the brakes and derailleurs
Class size is limited to two, please call for pricing information. The cost of this class does not cover parts. This class will not cover front and rear shocks and bleeding of the brakes on a mountain bike. Attend this class and have an opportunity to purchase a complete bike repair tool kit at a reduced rate.
Email or call with questions, pricing information or to reserve a seat.
Serving The Triangle...and we're mobile. Phone: 919 819 1060 Email: CaryCycleSurgeon@gmail.com